It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:11 am

Forum rules

This is a Troll-Free Zone. Attack ideas...not each other.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A sample of HoS soundtrack 
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post A sample of HoS soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j5YXXo1jFo

This is a rough pre-master (meaning the final version on the soundtrack album will sound much better) of "Across the Steppe" [title tentative], from Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. Composed and produced by Sam Hulick.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:22 am
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post Re: A sample of HoS soundtrack
reminds me of a film called "Enemy at the gate" sounds very good i like it sets the mood of the game :P

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Here is an early version the main theme for those that missed it before, It gives an idea of the quality of the instruments when it is mastered.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:34 pm
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Regarding Zets' post, this is what Sam Hulick wrote:
Quote:
Tripwire Interactive has hired me to write & produce the music for their upcoming title, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the main theme, "Storm Clouds Over Stalingrad." This is a rough preview, with synthetic choir still. Final version will have updated lyrics and a live choir.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:53 pm
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

LemoN wrote:
Regarding Zets' post, this is what Sam Hulick wrote:
Quote:
Tripwire Interactive has hired me to write & produce the music for their upcoming title, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the main theme, "Storm Clouds Over Stalingrad." This is a rough preview, with synthetic choir still. Final version will have updated lyrics and a live choir.

Jup its an early like beta version but its mastered so you can listen to the quality of instruments :P

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:02 pm
I trust the horrifically tacky fake strings will in fact be real strings, or at least a credible synthesis, in the actual soundtrack...

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:38 pm
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

heycarnut wrote:
I trust the horrifically tacky fake strings will in fact be real strings, or at least a credible synthesis, in the actual soundtrack...

Yeap, this was a rough sketch for the music, he'll be using a real orchestra and choir on the final version of the soundtrack. Consider this version an alpha version of the music. :mrgreen:

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 pm
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

even the very early version it listenable :D compared to some game music iv heard its amazing :P

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Kucd wrote:
heycarnut wrote:

Yeap, this was a rough sketch for the music, he'll be using a real orchestra and choir on the final version of the soundtrack. Consider this version an alpha version of the music. :mrgreen:

According to Mr. Hulick, the only "real" elements of the soundtrack will be a human violin soloist (heard in the RO2 Main Theme) and a real men's choir. But I'm really pleasantly surprised by the quality of the synthesized parts in the fully mastered "Main Theme" video. I think the music could use a bit more "meat" to it but these are early recordings so I'll wait to judge the final product.

Being a musician myself, I know it takes ALOT of money to hire a full studio orchestra.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:36 am
Hockeywarrior wrote:
Being a musician myself, I know it takes ALOT of money to hire a full studio orchestra.

Your can hire a quality high school orchestra and have a more pleasing sound than the cat-scratch in the demo. It sounds like a $29.99 walmart keyboard. I seriously hope that at the very least a quality synthesiser is used for production (a decent one can fool many) if not real instruments, and if not that a separate volume setting is available for music in game: I would get a headache if this represents anything near the final quality level (not of the composition - of the sound).

Rob

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next