It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Forum rules

This is a Troll-Free Zone. Attack ideas...not each other.

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ranked servers coming to RO2 and anyone can run one!! 
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Post Ranked servers coming to RO2 and anyone can run one!!
Yes anyone will be able to submit their server IP for ranking.

TWI will require some basic info with the submission in order to approve the IP onto the official list along with an aggreement to abide by a set of rules governing RO2 ranked servers.
All ranked serves will be monitored and if they find anyone breaking these rules your off the list and will not be aloud to submit another server for ranking.

Which is fair enough in my mind.
Makes you think why Dice never thought of this?

It's great news that PB along with PBBans are to be included with VAC.
Finally a developer who wants to tackle cheating in a serious way.

And from my own personal experiences working with TWI they will come down hard on those people who want use cheats in their games.

If you add all the optimization included for both ranked and unranked servers then I think you are looking at a game that is set to bring PC gaming to a new level.
Many of the features and options that are included are things that other developers have been removing over the last few years.

As some of you already know I am part of the beta team and on a personal note I think the game looks, sounds and feels better than any current AAA title.
The attention to detail in virtually every aspect of the game is astounding and even took a TWI fan like me by total surprise when I first played it.

It is not ARMA or Battlefield or Call of Duty but somehow falls in between all three but still manages to be its own game because it is unlike any of the those franchises.
I think it will apeeal to a large amount of Clans, gaming groups and players looking for something that will offer depth, competitive gameplay and long term support (I'm talking years now not months).

But then again I think you'll all get your own chance to play it and make up your own minds when the big beta comes out..And no I can't tell you when..lol

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Major
Major

Post Re: Ranked servers coming to RO2 and anyone can run one!!
Does it feel more fluid and are the controls better than RO1?
Thats pretty much all I want.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:38 am
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

puller wrote:
Does it feel more fluid and are the controls better than RO1?
Thats pretty much all I want.

Yes..The controls are pretty much what you would expect from any top line fps game.

Movement is quick and clean with lots of choice (i.e crouch and prone are included) and you can pretty much mantle anything that you would expect to in real life..

I personally love the blind fire..You can latch onto a wall or the corner of vehicle or even hide behind a window and you can then lift your gun above or around the object (just like the movies) and fire blindly and even spray from side to side..It's a really cool feature and a lot of fun to do.
It looks the mutts nuts to see someone do it next to you..And a great way to clear a stairwell or a room because if your roughly on target you suppress that player giving you the opportunity to commit the Coup de grâce with a nice well cooked grenade.

As I stated previously the grfx are really top notch with a lot more detail texture wise than say a recent UE3 game like Homefront and the sound is especially good in my opinion.

But hey I'm a TWI fan so its best you try the Big Beta when it comes out and make your own mind up.

Last edited by ButchCassidy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Can fingers be shot off or are you literally just putting your gun over/around the object when you blind fire :)

P.s. Really jealous i want to play the beta :(

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:19 am
Profile WWW
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Jo3_23 wrote:
Can fingers be shot off or are you literally just putting your gun over/around the object when you blind fire :)

P.s. Really jealous i want to play the beta :(

You are literally putting your arms and your gun over/around the object when you blind fire.
Not had my arms or hands shot but with bullet penetration in the game players can shoot at the wall or window where those arms are pointing from and if its not that thick you will be dead..lol

This quote says a lot more about the philosophy of the TWI guys than I can..

Originally Posted by [TW]Wilsonam

"And, after all is said and done - people need the chance to try the game and see if they like it.
All the comp support we can offer is worth nothing if the game sucks big hairy ones!
Obviously, we think they will love it once they try it!"

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Thanks Butch, it was getting harder by the day to keep my clan sold on this game, but your post just slam dunked it for me. Appreciate the first hand mini-review.

I used to play BF3 like you. Until I took an arrow in the knee.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 am
Private
Private

Well DICE don't have anything to be afraid of. RO series aim more towards realism than Bf series so audience it little bit different. Tho I bet that many who buy Bf 3 will be picking RO 2 up too. Caters so much different approach to semi-realistic FPS. On whole PB issue I can´t really comment because personally I don´t have any problems with it and rarely I meet any cheaters. RO 2 has really strong line-up when it comes to spectating games and setting servers up.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

How the hell did you find this thread?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

I'm sure DICE where never worried in the slightest. Their marketing machine is much to big and powerful to let anything like this create any issues. Same I guess can be said for Acti. No, this game clearly caters for a different crowd where particularly skill is an issue. Noobs will drop this game like a hot potato.

"I come in peace, I didn't bring CoD4, but I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you play MW2, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal LAN party leaders"

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

ethanehunt wrote:
Well DICE don't have anything to be afraid of. RO series aim more towards realism than Bf series so audience it little bit different. Tho I bet that many who buy Bf 3 will be picking RO 2 up too. Caters so much different approach to semi-realistic FPS. On whole PB issue I can´t really comment because personally I don´t have any problems with it and rarely I meet any cheaters. RO 2 has really strong line-up when it comes to spectating games and setting servers up.

For some reason I think this is a spam bot.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next