It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Competetive BO Mod 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Re: Competetive BO Mod
Joker{eXtreme+} wrote:
xkaan wrote:
Is it just me, or is there no publicly listed servers with this running yet? I'd love to see how it plays. I know it's not complete, but I'd like in on it anyways.

It is all done with a Hacked EXE both server and client I do believe. Which means it will not appear in the server browser. If you did managed to find one, and joined, with your Steam up and running, VAC will take care of the rest.

I have been doing the very same thing as these guys (modding that is) using these Hacked EXE's -- alot of us in the community have been.

All in preparation for the map/mod tools to be released.

I don't think this is correct. It isn't a "hacked EXE". The Itsmod.exe is a shell program, which is designed to load Black Ops into it's shell environment. The Itsmod.exe makes a call to the Black Ops executable and tells it to load the game, within the Itsmod shell. So, it isn't the Black Ops executable itself that is "hacked" at all.

Also, when running the Itsmod.exe, you are advised to disable VAC. This will prevent any VAC banning taking place.

Once, you've done that, you load up a private match, and the Itsmod.exe injects the modded files into the game as it loads. The private match shows in the game browser under "unranked" and the VAC symbol shows a red cross over it, telling you it's disabled. Anyone wishing to join can then locate the server from the browser list, click on the server and join in the usual way.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:01 am
Corporal
Corporal

Post Re: Competetive BO Mod
One more thought: on the ItsmodLoader, dll, shell program, whatever it is or whatever it does, plain and simple it is a Hack as per the definition. Of course, by this definition, so are the mods we do LOL

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2