It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Expect an MW3 config from me soon. 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post Expect an MW3 config from me soon.
Hello everyone,

Most of you know me from my configs for CoDUO, CoD2, CoD4, CoDWW, and Black Ops.

I am returning to make a config for MW3, so expect some more information and details about it soon.

Until then,
Brandon

Last edited by cActUsjUiCe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post Re: Expect an MW3 config from me soon.
It seems as if it is going to be either impossible or extremely difficult to modify this config...it seems as if changes to the config outside of the game have no effect and are tossed aside and replaced with game defaults.

Tough shell to crack.

Last edited by cActUsjUiCe on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:52 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

cActUsjUiCe wrote:
It seems as if it is going to be either impossible or extremely difficult to modify this config...it seems as if changes to the config outside of the game have no effect and are tossed aside and replaced with game defaults.

Tough shell to crack.

Yea found this out early. Was talking to some friends of mine and they say that even with a read only setting the game commands are either reset upon start up or just all cheat protected. I believe the first one as the guy said there must be a file and or some sort of security at work that resets certain if not nearly all commands.

ive done some but not alot to say ive done anything really.

when bo came out i dictated like atleast 3 months to just trying to tweak, understand, and find every little secret i could about the game. This time around im leveling first (:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:21 pm
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

I am not going to worry about the config right now, but instead with the IWDs. MW3 has implemented a "checksum" test on each IWD file when comparing the client's files to the server's files. If only ONE of the checksums doesn't match, you can't join the match.

So I have been messing with ways to "covertly" disable features within the IWDs without changing the checksum.

Anyone who wants to help me with this is more than welcome to PM me about it...I don't want to make this too public...remember what happened with BO. All the kids got mad that they couldn't do it so they cried to IW and got my tweaks patched.

Not happening again.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:27 pm
Captain
Captain

i dont know, it doesnt seem worth it. i found nothing in all the iwd files of any relevance. i would gladly work together with you, but nothing of value seems to be there to work for. unless you consider disabling some sounds of value.
i couldnt give more of a rats ass about those, fps and packets and fov are the most important. and some graphic tweaks.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Background music in matches is annoying as is many of the ambient sounds in the maps...which are all located in the IWD's.

No way to disable these within game settings...that I know of.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

cActUsjUiCe wrote:
Background music in matches is annoying as is many of the ambient sounds in the maps...which are all located in the IWD's.

No way to disable these within game settings...that I know of.

there is a way...

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:25 pm
Private
Private

To get rid of the music in game go rename your "miles" folder in the steam mw3 folder. Just name it anything

ex: nomiles

It works!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:43 am
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

crisppp wrote:
To get rid of the music in game go rename your "miles" folder in the steam mw3 folder. Just name it anything

ex: nomiles

It works!

Yeah, jaykay told me a few days ago. Thanks!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:17 am
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

LOL
So some IW things never change. :D COD4 & MW2 certainly. :D

"I come in peace, I didn't bring CoD4, but I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you play MW2, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal LAN party leaders"

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]