It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Windows 7 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Windows 7
Not directly gaming news, it is news for those contemplating getting Vista as their OS of choice to run all your new games. Don't. Looks like Windows 7 has been announced.

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9911470-56.html

Bill Gates himself -- seen here in a very macho "Welcome to the MS Neighborhood" Mr.Rogers' sweater and his hands positioned in what can only be described as a Ned Flanders-pose of authority -- delivered the news

Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Windows 7
And a week after that Windows 8 is coming out!. I think Microsoft needs to focus on its OS, with patches and support etc.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:46 am
Post Re: Windows 7
well, i dont know about everyone else here, but i found windows vista to be an utter disappointment. granted it looks very classy, and has an intuitive start-bar search, but other than that, its not even close to worth it, by my thoughts. i bought a new computer last summer, and it had Vista Home Premium on it. I booted it up and was amazed by how good it looked, having been an XP user for so long. The first few weeks, i was completely satisfied, but as time wore on, i began to notice a gradual change in my computers performance. it progressively became slower and slower, and on bad days, the computer was using 60% of my 3GB of RAM by just starting up. Vista is not a good choice for an OS, unless you have a VERY nice computer. for the average gamer like me, it puts too much stress on the PC for it to be an enjoyable experience. after enduring 3 months of Vista, i switched back to XP pro, and couldn't be happier, running on 10-15% of my memory as opposed to 60% although i do miss that DX 10.

hopefully MS wont make the same mistakes it made on Vista with Windows 7.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]