Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Robert Bowling quits.... 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post Robert Bowling quits....
It has been a while since I wrote my last post, but 5 minutes ago I saw this:

Quote:
Call of Duty Creative Strategist Robert Bowling Quits

The most prominent face of the Call of Duty series, Infinity Ward "creative strategist" Robert Bowling, has quit. The former community manager and prolific tweeter is no longer with the studio that created Call of Duty, but his next move is still unknown.

"Today, I resign from my position as Creative Strategist of Call of Duty, as a lead of Infinity Ward, and as an employee of Activision," Bowling tweeted earlier today. There was little indication, based on Bowling's previous tweets, that a change was coming. He leaves two years (and change) after much of Infinity Ward, including its two founders, Jason West and Vince Zampella, quit or were fired from the CoD studio.

If Bowling's joining his former Infinity Ward colleagues at new studio Respawn Entertainment, he won't be the developer's community manager. Respawn's official Twitter wrote earlier today: "For all those asking, @abbieheppe is still our Community Manager. You'll have to ask [Bowling] where he's headed next"

Activision responded to the news in a statement reading "We sincerely thank Robert for his many years of service. He's been a trusted and valued member of the Infinity Ward team. We wish him all the best on his decision to pursue future opportunities."

Bowling's counterpart at Treyarch, the other core Call of Duty developer, was Josh Olin. Olin left in September of last year.

***LINK***

PD: KARMA STRIKES BACK :twisted: . FINALLY A LITTLE OF JUSTICE FOR THE FORGOTTEN FPS COMMUNITY!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post Re: Robert Bowling quits....
Didn't see that coming... :S

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

John Doe wrote:
It has been a while since I wrote my last post, but 5 minutes ago I saw this:

Quote:
Call of Duty Creative Strategist Robert Bowling Quits

The most prominent face of the Call of Duty series, Infinity Ward "creative strategist" Robert Bowling, has quit. The former community manager and prolific tweeter is no longer with the studio that created Call of Duty, but his next move is still unknown.

"Today, I resign from my position as Creative Strategist of Call of Duty, as a lead of Infinity Ward, and as an employee of Activision," Bowling tweeted earlier today. There was little indication, based on Bowling's previous tweets, that a change was coming. He leaves two years (and change) after much of Infinity Ward, including its two founders, Jason West and Vince Zampella, quit or were fired from the CoD studio.

If Bowling's joining his former Infinity Ward colleagues at new studio Respawn Entertainment, he won't be the developer's community manager. Respawn's official Twitter wrote earlier today: "For all those asking, @abbieheppe is still our Community Manager. You'll have to ask [Bowling] where he's headed next"

Activision responded to the news in a statement reading "We sincerely thank Robert for his many years of service. He's been a trusted and valued member of the Infinity Ward team. We wish him all the best on his decision to pursue future opportunities."

Bowling's counterpart at Treyarch, the other core Call of Duty developer, was Josh Olin. Olin left in September of last year.

***LINK***

PD: KARMA STRIKES BACK :twisted: . FINALLY A LITTLE OF JUSTICE FOR THE FORGOTTEN FPS COMMUNITY!

Well not really. From what I have heard he has his own PR firm so he could be moving onto other things. Can't see the karma in him leaving to do his own or new thing.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:55 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

hopefully he stays far away from gaming, perhaps PR for law firms or politicians, people who like to bend the truth. It's odd that Activision refered to him as "trusted", we all know how trustworthy Activision is.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]