A lot of people have asked me to come up with "yitch3.cfg"
While I don't think we can really improve on fps, I've added some of the ideas I've had and some that i've seen on here...like puller's flash nade indicator.I want to have a config that maximizes fps and registration. Please have a look and tell me what you don't like and what you'd like to add.
Remember suggestions are very welcome ...please post your own cvars you'd like to throw in and why!
I've actually removed even more eyecandy from the config but added some of it back thru toggles (binds Fx)
There are toggles for maxpackets, snaps, maxfps, lagometer, level of detail, field of view, texture, bulletmarks, and gamma.
I am actually thinking of adding a seta r_detail "1" toggle so that people can see their cammo. That's THE most common question i get about yitch2. Everyone wants their damn cammo. lol. Possibly a toggle for maxLights and one for picmips - cuz PB boots you for picmips 3 sometimes (depending on the server). I'll prolly remove the maxpackets and snaps toggles.
Default changes to yitch3:
- I've set corpse count completely off
- lagometer is now on
- Enabled flash grenade warning
- Larger nade icon
- Nade icon in scope
- Larger nade icon
- removed pulsing nade indicators (apparently I was giving people epileptic fits)
- seta cl_timeNudge "-15" ...ya i don't think this will do anything, but just in case...
i've psyched myself into thinking that it improves my registration LOL. Placebo effect methinks. If you *believe* it works in CoD4, then set the value to your ping/4. No one has still totally convinced me it is set off - and i havent yet looked at the code in COD4.
- seta m_pitch "0.019" mouse settings adjusted ( a pro told me to try these out to get better up/down and side speed)
- seta m_yaw "0.019" ....not sure I see too much benefit.
- ive set seta sm_maxLights "4" for a bit better visibility. But i'll prolly turn this back to 1 on my config as my puter really struggles for speed.
- seta waypointiconheight "15" made bomb site icons smaller
- seta waypointiconwidth "15"
UPDATE: June 7, 08