OpenWarfare 1.4.0.RC1 for CoD5:WaW has been released!
The release of this new version of OW finds us with a mix of sadness and hope due to the announcement of the cancellation of the Promod mod. Sadness because a good mod for competitive matches is leaving us but with hope as we are sure we can fill the void left. We believe our features for competitive matches are second to none and every single day we add more and more functionality based on the feedback from all the leagues using OW today in COD4 and/or COD5. We would like to wish Rafik the best for his future endeavors!
Now, let's talk about what's in this new release. We have added some features to the new version but we have also concentrated in fixing all the bugs reported by our great user community. The mod is very stable thus we have decided to end the BETA phase and instead release the first 'RELEASE CANDICATE'.
Because of this no new functionality will be added to the mod until we release the final 1.4.0 version unless the new functionality is really small and can be easily isolated and tested.
Please visit our download
section to download this OpenWarfare version (remember that betas and release candidates are only available to registered forum users).
For a list of changes/features implemented in BETA1 and BETA2 please refer to the following 2 threads (there's also a lot of screen you can check):OpenWarfare 1.4.0.BETA1 release notes.OpenWarfare 1.4.0.BETA2 release notes.
- Added variable scr_veh_health_tank
to control tanks' health.
- Added variables scr_veh_respawntimemin
to control the tanks' respawn time.
- Added variables perk_specialty_weapon_flamethrower_limit
, and perk_specialty_weapon_satchel_charge_limit
to control how many players per team can use these perks in unranked mode.
- Added code not to detonate the Betty is the planter is prone and betty friendly fire affects planters (variable scr_betty_detonate_radius
can be tweaked to control how far away from the planted Betty must be before they can stand up again without the Betty going off).
- Added code where Betty won't go off if player approaches the Betty in prone position to allow the player the chance to disarm it.
- Added variable scr_spawn_protection_invisible
to control if players should be invisible when they are spawn protected. Players' weapons will be disable during invisibility period but players can deactivate invisibility and enable their weapons by pressing the attack button once.
- Added stock variables scr_dog_time
, and scr_dog_max_at_once
- Option to control what needs to be done at the end of the map (fast restart or rotate to next one). Controlled by variable scr_eog_fastrestart
- Fixed buttons in widescreen and moved primary weapon attributes to the left of the secondary weapon.
- Fixed problem with players using Last Stand in unranked mode.
- Tank drivers will not start bleeding anymore when the tank takes damage.
- Moved STG-44 under Light Gunner category in unranked mode.
- Fix in TWAR gametype for flashing icons.
- Changed stock limit for S&D rounds to a maximum of 500 instead of 9.
- Reset attachment when a primary weapon is selected in case the current attachment is not compatible with new primary weapon.
- Reset players' default class when changing teams to make sure they are not using a weapon that is not allowed in their new team in unranked mode.
- Fixed typo in Axis close assault limit variable in classes.cfg.
- Fixes for Weapon Range modifier to read the correct variables.
- Fixed a problem with the Mover functionality where the bomb could be planted inside the objective.
A short video on selecting a class in unranked mode:
The OpenWarfare Team