How about waiting for the beta at least before making such claims? Calm down, people. This is not BF trying to be CoD anyway.
Given the sad state of MW2 forgive me if I don't trust EA.
Just to recap quickly.
DICE @ PC Players: 'don't worry, we got your back'
So far we have:
No developer console.
No PBBans. (No offence GGC but I hadn't even heard of you until this fiasco)
No Server client.
No Mod tools.
Lower Sound Quality than Consoles.
Silly features we don't want instead of ones we do.
No Moments 1 HUD.
No good RCON (Unknown but I'm not holding my breathe with any features.)
This effectively means:
No competitive community.
No mappers community.
No potential Forgotten Hope 3 community.
No potential Project Reality 2 community.
No BF3C, 21CW etc.
Over run with hackers, padders & glitchers
Therefore no hardcore pub clans/communities.
Right what's there to worry about right...
Now I understand the age old debate about the brand new engine and the destructible environment. However, lets see what’s has been sacrificed for this shall we? Jets a vital part of any BF game sadly they have been removed, game play mechanics with red triangles giving away your position, kill camera’s helping dumb down the game even more, and no real tactical strategy for laddering this sort of game play has been ripped out as well. No mod tools which the game will be hacked because I know several teams that are going to do it, regardless of what DICE proclaims it can be done. Just like 42 although this will be more complex. The ability to set up the server to stream has now been removed for some reason, this to me a simple out right FAILURE to all players. You want proof look at BFHeros how many hackers play that game. Other ported game features included the in game console being removed (insert MW2 joke here) so how will we change our FOV? Here is a list of features that we no longer have taken out of BF2 A GAME THAT IS OVER 5 years old!
• Admin Commands
• These commands are used by server administrators.
• admin.listPlayers - Lists the players connected to the server, showing their name, ID number and IP number.
• admin.runNextLevel - Forces the server to end the round and start the next map in the map list.
• admin.currentLevel - Shows the map list ID number for the current map being played.
• admin.nextLevel - Shows the map list ID number for the next map to be played.
• admin.restartMap - Restarts the current map.
• admin.banPlayer [player ID number] [timeout] - Enter the player ID number you want to ban. Bans the player from the server by using their IP address. The timeout value controls the length of the ban e.g. perm for permanent ban, round to ban them for the rest of the round, and 180 is 180 seconds (3 minutes).
• admin.banPlayerKey [player ID number] [timeout] - Enter the player ID you want to ban. Bans the player from the server by using their CD key hash.
• admin.addAddressToBanList [IP address] [timeout] - Enter the IP number you want to ban.
• admin.addKeyToBanList [CD key hash] [timeout] - Enter the CD key hash you want to ban.
• admin.removeAddressFromBanList [IP address] - Enter the IP address to remove from the ban list.
• admin.removeKeyFromBanList [CD key hash] - Enter the CD key hash you want to remove from the ban list.
• admin.clearBanList - Clears all ban lists.
• admin.listBannedAddresses - Displays a list of the currently banned IP addresses.
• admin.listBannedKeys - Displays a list of the currently banned CD keys.
• admin.kickPlayer [player ID number] - Enter the ID number of the player you want to kick.
• Remote Console
• These commands are used by server administrators.
• To setup remote console access to the server, onthe server create a new plain text document in \admin\ called default.cfg and enter the following text into the new file:
• Save the file, and start the server. Now you can access the server remotely by using the following commands from a client:
• rcon login [YourPassword] - Use this command to login to the server.
• rcon users - This command lists all the users connected to the server. Very similar to admin.listPlayers
• rcon exec [command name] - Replace with a console command you would like to execute on the server. For example: rcon exec admin.kickPlayer 3
• Exit - Quits the game to desktop.
• Renderer Commands
• renderer.drawHud [0,1] - Turns the Heads Up Display (HUD) on or off.
• renderer.drawConsole [0,1] - Turns off access to the in-game console if set to 0.
• renderer.drawFps [0,1] - Displays the current frames per second (FPS) and the time in milliseconds between frames.
• Game Commands
• game.sayAll [string] - Says the specified text in global chat
• game.sayTeam [number] [string] - Says the specified text in team chat
• game.lockFps [framerate] - Caps the game's maximum framerate to specified number
• game.allowToggleFullscreen [0,1] - If set to 1 allows toggling of fullscreen/windowed mode
• game.toggleFullscreen - Toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode
• Demo Commands
• demo.recordDemo [demoname] - Starts recording current gameplay and saves the file as demoname.bf2demo in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos directory
• demo.stopRecording - Stops current demo recording
• demo.ShutdownDemo - Stops and closes down current demo run
• Localprofile Commands
• localProfile.setName [name] - Shows/Sets the name for your current account
• localProfile.setNick [nick] - Shows/Sets the nickname for your current account
• localProfile.setGamespyNick [GameSpyNick] - Shows/Sets the GameSpy login name for your account
• localProfile.setEmail [email account] - Shows/Sets the email account for the current account
• localProfile.setPassword [password] - Shows/Sets the password for the current account
• localProfile.setNumTimesLoggedIn [number] - Shows/Sets the number of times the player has logged in with the current account
• localProfile.setTotalPlayedTime [seconds] - Shows/Sets the time the game has been played using the current account
• localProfile.save -
• localProfile.addDemoBookmark [ ] - Adds a bookmark to a Battlerecorder demo
• Globalsettings Commands
• globalSettings.setDefaultUser [number] - Sets the profile to use, the first one being 0001, then 0002 etc.
• Sv Commands
• These commands are used to adjust server settings, particularly in the Serversettings.con file under your \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\[profile]\ directory.
• sv.allowNATNegotiation [0,1] -
• sv.interface -
• sv.timeBeforeRestarting [0,1] -
• sv.autoBalanceTeam [0,1] -
• sv.teamRatioPercent [0,1] -
• sv.autoRecord [0,1] -
• sv.demoIndexURL [address] -
• sv.demoDownloadURL [address] -
• sv.autoDemoHook -
• sv.demoQuality -
• sv.adminScript -
• sv.sponsorText -
• sv.sponsorLogoURL [address] -
• sv.communityLogoURL [address] -
• sv.radioSpamInterval -
• sv.radioMaxSpamFlagCount -
• sv.radioBlockedDurationTime [seconds] -
• sv.useGlobalRank [0,1] -
• sv.useGlobalUnlocks [0,1] -
• sv.friendlyfirewithmines [0,1] -
• Gamelogic Commands
• gameLogic.togglePause - Toggles pausing the game.
• Settingsmanager Commands
• These commands set a range of variables. E.g. SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1. The command used must match the type of variable (e.g. .boolset for Boolean variables, .IntSet for variables requiring integer input, etc.)
• SettingsManager.stringSet -
• SettingsManager.boolSet -
• SettingsManager.IntSet -
• SettingsManager.floatSet -
• SettingsManager.u32Set -
• SettingsManager.stringGet -
• SettingsManager.boolGet -
• SettingsManager.intGet -
• SettingsManager.floatGet -
• SettingsManager.U32Get -
• Inputdevices Commands
• InputDevices.setInvertAxis -
• InputDevices.setAxisScale -
• Controlmap Commands
• These settings should be used in the Controls.con file under your \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\[profile]\ directory.
• controlMap.deleteControlMap -
• controlMap.dump -
• controlMap.setButtonRiseTime -
• controlMap.SetButtonFallTime -
• controlMap.SetDoubleTapTime -
• controlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping [string] -
• controlMap.addButtonsToAxisMapping [string] -
• controlMap.addKeyAndButtonToAxisMapping [string] -
• controlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping [string] -
• controlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping [string] -
• controlMap.AddKeyToTriggerMapping [string] -
• controlMap.setAxisScale -
• controlMap.setYawFactor -
• controlMap.setPitchFactor -
• controlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping -
• controlMap.InvertMouse [0,1] - Set to 1 for inverted mouse, 0 for default mouse
• controlMap.mouseSensitivity [number] - Determines the sensitivity of the mouse
• controlMap.keyboardSensitivity [number] - Deterimes the sensitivity of the keyboard
Are you kidding me? Some you guys that think this game is a step forward? Please tell me how?
I understand this is not BF2.5 its bad company, but does that mean we should expect less and less from each game that has a battle field in the title? My problem is you do a comparison of the game and each title has less and less features that make it battle field. Also PC players have waited 5 years for this **it please. I’ll play the demo, but I’m not holding out for high hopes and if I’m 100% wrong about the demo then I’ll buy the game, but anyone with an IQ should do a comparison and see the losses vs. the gain and one clearly out weights the other.
Also since we have so little INFO on the PC game an RCON tool might be able to help players with some of the commands above, but how will it work? Will said ADMIN have to alt tab out and log into the rcon? That’s a step forward? Seeing how we don't have in game control panel this is the only way I foresee it working? What do you guys think?