Modern Warfare 2/CoD4 Multiplayer Lag/Jerk Issue
Hi Bash and Slash.. people. I'm new here and I have a problem with MW2. And CoD4. I've had this problem for quite some time (two months or so). As long as I've played CoD4 or MW2 on my new computer basically. Maybe you know of this issue?
What the problem is:
When playing online I get this issue where the game jerks briefly every 3-5 seconds. The game in general is pretty laggy and I can get killed AFTER reaching cover (not through the wall I mean). When watching killcam I see myself shooting at places where people WERE. Ping is always excellent. FPS is good. This problem varies in severity.
Difference from problem in CoD4:
It is usually A LOT worse in big or demanding maps like highrise, rundown, favellas (I actually get bad FPS on those too).
Do you recognize this issue? Let me know what you know.
What I've ruled out, what's NOT causing it (probably):
- The installation: It happens in both mw1 and mw2 and I reinstalled mw1 several times.
- Punkbuster: MW2 doesn't use it and I've disabled it from running in the background.
- The Router: I've tried with the one here and the one at my dad's house. Also without.
- The Switch: I've removed it from my network config; problem remains.
- Audio Hardware Acceleration: Has been turned off.
- Graphic Settings: My computer can render it alright. I get 100 fps+ and singleplayer is fine.
- Network Cable: I have changed my network cable.
- Network Card: I've put a D-link network card in to replace built-in realtek one.
- Friends Overlay: I've disabled steam overlay for MW2 and didn't run MW1 with steam.
- Drivers: I’ve updated my video and audio card.
- ISP: I haven't noticed much in other games but maybe CoD-games work in a different way.
- Hardware: Maybe something is faulty; but what? And why only in multiplayer?
- OS Installation/Program Conflicts: There may be something installed on my computer that collides with MW2. I have no idea what.
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Socket-AM3, Radeon XFX 4870 1gb xXx, Phenom II X4 940, 4gb Corsair Dominator
Screenshot from CoD4 when error occours:http://pici.se/pictures/large/EDOBmzblW.jpg
Please please please help! I put up with this issue for weeks, knowing that MW2 was around the corner and thinking, in my grand naivety, that MW2 would run perfectly. Really I thought it was punkbuster. And no, this hasn't got to do with lack of dedicated servers (which I know is a kick in the nuts). This is worse.