It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:42 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Found a solution, to cripple IWnet and bring Dedicated back! 
Post Found a solution, to cripple IWnet and bring Dedicated back!
Well im telling this because not many people know that it is possible, first of all you use mp_config method on this site to get 10 bars and a precise bandwidth, so you can see who is host. Second, you install the currenlty open for public free beta: NetLimiter 3 Beta. If you have a very good pc and you see that your bandwidth is pretty high and you can see when the game has started that YOU are the host of the game, YOU CAN BASICLY BE 10 TIMES FASTER then the rest. With dedicated you dont have this problem. First of all dont limit anything, let the game start normal, while ingame and you know there are lots of people in a house, you can limit their bandwidth and kill them in a flash! :-p They will be sitting ducks. You switch to your Netlimiter panel, go to iw4mp and fix the UL limit, usually its around 16kb/s (or higher) you limit it 3/4, set it to 10kb/s in this case, click limit, it affects direct. And basicly you can kill everyone fast. This bug cannot be reproduced if it was a dedicated server. So basicly bandwidth limiting on client site can be exploited, and is basicly not a hack, just limiting bandwidth ingame :-)

Anyway i post this because this is a way to get dedicated back if we push this hard enough to IW!

Hope to hear your thoughts and responses on this, ill post a screenshot to prove tomorrow :-)

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:16 pm
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Post Re: Found a solution, to cripple IWnet and bring Dedicated back!
LOL now I want to try this. Limiting the bandwidth of others while you are hosting so that you have an advantage over everyone else. Your a genius has anyone told you that lately?

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:33 am
I would never condone this sort of action, one that will limit and/or cripple the MP experience for a lot of our fellow PC gamers. That is IW job, not ours.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:48 am
i just tried, with NetLimiter you can even limit individual players. Aka if you have a rival you can make give him a bad connection :-p

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:51 am
Halo noobs tried this once, using a big botnet to ddos the other person's PC.

It's not fun at all, it's essentially hacking, you're giving yourself an unfair advantage. Don't do it.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:57 am
I dont do it, but i tell this that they think again about dedicated servers.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 am
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Eyy sxxxxx, This will only get you banned or they will just ignore you, There will never be dedicated servers, so get over it fffs.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:47 am
Good program but i have to say i don`t support what your using it for, although might be good to get ride of a hacker :P
What your talking about is almost a Terrorist act lol I don`t think that`s a good way to incite change to the Iw system..
I am finding useful for uTorrent its a good way to kill the connection too a leechers lol, or kill any unknown connection to your computer spyware/malware/virus :twisted:

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]