It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:20 am

Forum rules


This area is for OPINION only. Otherwise, use the sub-menus for Tweaks/Tech Issues/News...etc.



Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE! 
Author Message
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am
Posts: 329
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
Dante wrote:
The engine Black Ops is built upon was an advanced World at War engine, which is in turn built upon the COD4 engine, which isn't known as the cod 1.5 engine, it is known as the IW Tech 4.0 engine:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1003728p2.html


it was built on a pre alpha iwtech 4.0 cod4 engine that at the time was quoted by treyarch as a cod 1.5 engine, treyarch had no help, no assets and early code off IW, in wildly publisied spats IW openly mocked Treyarch and their devs and treyarch responded by taking the pre-alpha engine and recoding it into waw which inturn became Black ops , FFS be told, stop fanboi arguing and quoting stupid XBOX links with no information relating to your post , let alone one from a known crappy xbox site like ign !!!! tbh dont answer,keep picking a tiny part of a post and repeating the same answer no matter what the discussion says. keep saying it and in the end you might convince yourself.

_________________
____________________________________________________


http://twitter.com/Spawnstar


Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 119
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
spawnstar wrote:
Dante wrote:
The engine Black Ops is built upon was an advanced World at War engine, which is in turn built upon the COD4 engine, which isn't known as the cod 1.5 engine, it is known as the IW Tech 4.0 engine:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1003728p2.html


it was built on a pre alpha iwtech 4.0 cod4 engine that at the time was quoted by treyarch as a cod 1.5 engine, treyarch had no help, no assets and early code off IW, in wildly publisied spats IW openly mocked Treyarch and their devs and treyarch responded by taking the pre-alpha engine and recoding it into waw which inturn became Black ops , FFS be told, stop fanboi arguing and quoting stupid XBOX links with no information relating to your post , let alone one from a known crappy xbox site like ign !!!! tbh dont answer, you sound like a child picking a tiny part of a post and repeating the same answer no matter what the discussion says. keep saying it and in the end you might convince yourself.


Other than one published spat between Bowling and Treyarch, you have no proof for any of your assertions that Treyarch had no help, no assets and early code from IW. In fact, there is plenty of evidence to the contary. For one example, you only have to look at the dev raw dump included with the WaW mod tools to see that the build Treyarch used for WaW was post COD4 1.5, as there is persistent stats in the mod directory. There were NO persistent stats in the mod directory pre-COD4 1.5. That was one of the features of the COD4 1.5 patch - enabling persistent stats.

Also, another example is that there is clear evidence from the dev raw dump that the COD4 1.7 patch was included in WaW because the statGetInDvar exploit which was patched out in the COD4 1.7 patch is there in WaW 1.0/1.1 (i.e. retail release build) as you can't exploit the dvar.

Further to your assertion that Treyarch received no "assets" from IW, then how do you explain that the dev raw dump has loads of COD4 assets which were never used in WaW because they were the wrong period - things like C4 weapon files, and such like? And how do you explain the fact that all of the GSC files common to COD4 and WaW - such as _class.gsc, _globallogic.gsc, or _weapons.gsc - are identical, except for Treyarch's inclusion of new scipt they put in for WaW? In other words, COD4 GSC files, edited by Treyarch for WaW?

In all, there is clear evidence that the build Treyarch used was the COD4 release build (i.e. COD4 1.0), and that they then received updated executables as COD4 was patched. There are dates detailing the history of these updated assets throughout the GSC files included in the dev raw dump of the WaW mod tools. So, no so-called pre-alpha build and contradictory evidence of your assertion that Treyarch didn't receive any help from Infinity Ward (despite the public outburst that Bowling made against Treyarch).

And finally, we come to your remark that I linked to a "stupid XBOX site with no information relating to my post". At the foot of the web page I linked to was the bit about the IW engine. Here is a screenshot of it if you're too blind to see it:

Image

So, perfectly relevant to what I was saying. And regardless of the site being a "stupid XBOX" site, the fact of the matter is the engine for all platforms is the same engine - the IW Tech 4.0 engine.

I can go on all day showing your posts up to be full of holes and factual inaccuracies.


Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Profile
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am
Posts: 329
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
what , your going to post a picture of a site that when you actually look into it says nothing about waw or black ops at all , infact just says IW engine , used in call of duty and use that as a basis to rant and claim that your undying fanboisim to all things Vahn and JD2020 will prevail over all, what a douche , grow up kid. if your mission in life is to make a sure you can always poke holes in forum posts then you might want to get out a bit more.

oh look a pre alpha version , running in mp, wonder if that has c4 ???? erm yes.

ohh and where did I read treyarch used an early cod4 engine......ohh yeah , Jock wrote an artical on the main page once, might wana take a look at that too....

Image

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=138

Im finished with all this now.

_________________
____________________________________________________


http://twitter.com/Spawnstar


Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 119
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
spawnstar wrote:
what , your going to post a picture of a site that when you actually look into it says nothing about waw or black ops at all , infact just says IW engine , used in call of duty and use that as a basis to rant and claim that your undying fanboisim to all things Vahn and JD2020 will prevail over all, what a douche , grow up kid. if your mission in life is to make a sure you can always poke holes in forum posts then you might want to get out a bit more.

oh look a pre alpha version , running in mp, wonder if that has c4 ???? erm yes.

ohh and where did I read treyarch used an early cod4 engine......ohh yeah , Jock wrote an artical on the main page once, might wana take a look at that too....

Image

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=138

Im finished with all this now.


I'm not quite sure exactly what your point with the video was but I think it's something to do witht an early COD4 build having C4? Well, how does that challenge what I said about the engine used for World at War having C4 assets? Showing me a video of COD4 proves nothing and leaves my question unanswered - why, if Treyarch didn't receive any assets from Infinity Ward, are there so many assets from them in World at War? As I said, it isn't just C4 assets - all of the GSC files used in World at War came directly from COD4. Another example can be found again in the mod tools dev raw dump - the GSC file for the AC130. This was, of course, in COD4 SP, and those assets can be also found in World at War. Hence, countering your claim that no assets were received by Treyarch from Infinity Ward.

As to your quote from Jock saying that Treyarch received the COD4 engine from Infinity Ward "reluctantly", sorry to contradict him, but he is wrong. I don't just think that, I know that for a fact. How do I know it? Because the COD4 engine wasn't just used in World at War, it was used in Quantum of Solice as well. There is no way on this earth that 2 projects like this get something so critical to their success "reluctantly"; too much time, money and planning went into Quantum and World at War for them to have gotten the COD4 engine from a studio owned 100% by Activision "reluctantly". In fact, the COD4 engine is Activision's Intellectual Property - not Infinity Ward's. They can do what they like with it, and nothing IW do or say would mean a bean.

Jock is entitled to his opinion, and of course, it goes without saying that he is entitled to post his opinion wherever he likes. But, if someone then tries to quote him as if he was an "official" source, I am going to contradict it when I know it to be wrong.

And finally, again with my link to the web article entitled "The 10 Best Game Engines of This Generation". You seem to have completely missed my point, so I am going to state it again, being careful this time to spell it out in no uncertain terms:

You originally said that the engine used in Black Ops was the "cod 1.5" engine. I contradicted that and said it isn't called the "cod 1.5" engine, it's called the IW Tech 4.0 engine. I said this because Treyarch have said explicitly that Black Ops used the World at War engine, and as we know, that engine used the COD4 engine. The COD4 engine is known in the industry as the IW Tech 3.0 engine. The web article I linked to talks about MW2, and quotes an Infinity Ward official stating that the name of the engine used for MW2 is called the IW Tech 4.0 engine. A corollary of this is that the actual name of the COD4 engine would in fact be the IW Tech 3.0 engine, as the 4.0 engine was the one used in MW2, and not COD4. Going on the conventions of program version numbering, it doesn't take a genius to work out that, if 4.0 was the one used in MW2, then the previous engine number - the one used for COD4 - would be 3.0. So, World at War and Quantum of Solice used the IW Tech 3.0 engine.

In conclusion, it matters not one jot if the web article I linked to doesn't mention Black Ops or World at War. You would have to be a complete numbskull if you can't see the connection between what it is calling the COD4/MW2 engine and the argument we are having here.

Quod erat demonstrandum.


Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 am
Profile
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am
Posts: 329
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
wow, dog with a bone or what , get over it ,and the prealpha version used in waw had all the cod4 assets such as c4 at the time of handover, hence the point of the video, and to think that for some reason i dont know that the engine used is the iw tech 4.0 is a total misunderstanding on your part. common knowledge about the prealpha engine handed to treyarch, your stupid pic from xboxmonthly still means nothing, but hey your always right and everyone else is wrong...

look pal , your boring me , honestly , get over yourself . the point of the whole thing is it wasnt delveloped for arts sake , its cod it was made for money and billions of dollars of it , we all know it , go rant on another topic

_________________
____________________________________________________


http://twitter.com/Spawnstar


Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 119
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
spawnstar wrote:
wow, dog with a bone or what , get over it ,and the prealpha version used in waw had all the cod4 assets such as c4 at the time of handover, hence the point of the video, and to think that for some reason i dont know that the engine used is the iw tech 4.0 is a total misunderstanding on your part. common knowledge about the prealpha engine handed to treyarch, your stupid pic from xboxmonthly still means nothing,

look pal , your boring me , honestly , get over yourself . the point of the whole thing is it wasnt delveloped for arts sake , its cod it was made for money and billions of dollars of it , we all know it , go rant on another topic


When you become forum police, I'll take instructions from you. Until then, I'll continue to post where I like on this site, thank you very much. As to misunderstandings, there were none on my part. You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you deserve the Pakled Award for Smart People:

Image

On that note, I will leave you to wallow in your own stupidity and ignorance. You're even too stupid to know when someone has been winding you up like I've been. I don't need to press an issue so much, but watching you get so het up and flustered about it was just too much to resist.


Last edited by Dante on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 am
Profile
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am
Posts: 329
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
Dante wrote:
spawnstar wrote:
wow, dog with a bone or what , get over it ,and the prealpha version used in waw had all the cod4 assets such as c4 at the time of handover, hence the point of the video, and to think that for some reason i dont know that the engine used is the iw tech 4.0 is a total misunderstanding on your part. common knowledge about the prealpha engine handed to treyarch, your stupid pic from xboxmonthly still means nothing,

look pal , your boring me , honestly , get over yourself . the point of the whole thing is it wasnt delveloped for arts sake , its cod it was made for money and billions of dollars of it , we all know it , go rant on another topic


When you become forum police, I'll take instructions from you. Until then, I'll continue to post where I like on this site, thank you very much. As to misunderstandings, there were none on my part. You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you deserve the Pakled Award for Smart People:

Image

On that note, I will leave you to wallow in your own stupidity and ignorance.


word on the street is , (sound ridiculous but familiar????) that you need to grow up , get over your " im right and the whole world is wrong" attitude and btw resorting to posting crappy pathetic stupid pictures and Geek jokes says it all . yawn

_________________
____________________________________________________


http://twitter.com/Spawnstar


Last edited by spawnstar on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 119
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
spawnstar wrote:
Dante wrote:
spawnstar wrote:
wow, dog with a bone or what , get over it ,and the prealpha version used in waw had all the cod4 assets such as c4 at the time of handover, hence the point of the video, and to think that for some reason i dont know that the engine used is the iw tech 4.0 is a total misunderstanding on your part. common knowledge about the prealpha engine handed to treyarch, your stupid pic from xboxmonthly still means nothing,

look pal , your boring me , honestly , get over yourself . the point of the whole thing is it wasnt delveloped for arts sake , its cod it was made for money and billions of dollars of it , we all know it , go rant on another topic


When you become forum police, I'll take instructions from you. Until then, I'll continue to post where I like on this site, thank you very much. As to misunderstandings, there were none on my part. You, on the other hand, have demonstrated that you deserve the Pakled Award for Smart People:

Image

On that note, I will leave you to wallow in your own stupidity and ignorance.


grow up


LMAO, oh, the irony of it. The irony!


Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 am
Profile
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 am
Posts: 329
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
word on the street is , (sound ridiculous but familiar????) that you need to grow up , get over your " im right and the whole world is wrong" attitude and btw resorting to posting crappy pathetic stupid pictures and Geeky jokes says it all . yawn

I stand by my claim that blackops is ultimatly built of a prealpha cod4 engine and that waw isnt made at all for arts sake but for the billions dollars cash cow run of the mill naabed for the masses sequel . nothing you have ranted about or resorted to cheap shot low blow "joke" posts has or will change that.

_________________
____________________________________________________


http://twitter.com/Spawnstar


Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Master Corporal
Master Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:41 am
Posts: 88
Location: UK
Post Re: DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE!
Have you two finished yet?
Can't you manage to have a disagreement without descending into childish jibes and insults?

I don't have any evidence (other than my somewhat erratic memory) but I also seem to recall that Treyarch themselves stated that they had received no support from IW when developing WaW, as IW had viewed the engine as their IP and that this had resulted in Treyarch effectively working on their own.
The fact that some of the fixes or assets from subsequent CoD4 patches eventually found their way into WaW is (of itself) not proof that IW were offering any kind of support to Treyarch.


Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.