It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Another KM interview 
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Post Another KM interview
HERE (on BattlefieldO) from Dreamhack.

Quote:
Our Swedish correspondent, MikeHawk was kind enough to translate a 9min interview from the show REMATCH LIVE on the SVT network. For once this Battlefield 3 interview answers a few questions worthwhile. The most important of these being. The map in Thunder Run will not have a multi player version, but we can expect to see large desert maps with many vehicles. There will not be kill streak assets as DICE want’s every player to control their vehicle. Hopefully this means that all the vehicles we have seen in single player will make their way into multi player. DICE is looking to go the step further with Battlefield 3. They were disappointed with the support for E-sports in Bad Company 2 and want that to change. Also there will be a considerable amount of vehicle unlocks compared to Bad Company 2. Finally, Karl-Magnus Troedsson answers a question about Mod Tools. He states that they haven’t given up the idea but it’s a hard one.Please open the youtube link in a new window and you’ll see the CC button in the bottom right corner. This will enable the subtitles.

I tried to bold some important things from the writeup

Last edited by Bobaganoosh on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 am
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Post Re: Another KM interview
Also, If you watch the video (with subtitles if you don't speak Swedish), you see them talk a lot about E-sport and that they were disappointed in BC2's lack of E-sport support so they are supposedly trying to rectify that in BF3 and get suggestions that will allow full E-sport support.

Will they follow through with all of it and have a successful E-sport title? who knows...anything is possible, we won't know til after launch...I think the same statement can be said about MOD tools, but I think that topic will be even farther after launch. You know they'd love to do it, but if they can't produce a set of tools that makes it easy for non DICE-people to use that also protects the use of their engine, I don't see it happening (IMO).

Mod tools or not, I hope they support E-sport and make the game playable at a LAN. How they do that? idk, but I think LAN-support is something that can make a good game GREAT, or make it flop as a long-running game. There's a reason games like CS, UR2k4, and COD4 last so long.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 am
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Personally, I think that seeing how it's been a month since the last BASH cast, Jock should try to get Zh1nt0 or someone from DICE to join the cast and tell us exactly what they are doing, or even trying to do as far as E-sport goes in reference to what gamers expect and what BC2 seemed to be missing.

Just a thought. :P

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 am
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Bobaganoosh wrote:
Personally, I think that seeing how it's been a month since the last BASH cast, Jock should try to get Zh1nt0 or someone from DICE to join the cast and tell us exactly what they are doing, or even trying to do as far as E-sport goes in reference to what gamers expect and what BC2 seemed to be missing.

To be honest I was trying to get zh1nt0 to have Kalms on his next interview on BashandSlash so that he can talk about mod tools etc.

I highly doubt they will release tools for BF3. I do know they are hiring for a tool developer (not sure if that's been taken) but that may be for internal use.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 am
Colonel
Colonel

Neil wrote:
To be honest I was trying to get zh1nt0 to have Kalms on his next interview on BashandSlash so that he can talk about mod tools etc.

:agree Either one would be good to have.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Neil wrote:
Bobaganoosh wrote:

I highly doubt they will release tools for BF3. I do know they are hiring for a tool developer (not sure if that's been taken) but that may be for internal use.

sounds great!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

To be honest, Jock has pointed out several times already what would be needed for a DICE game even be considered for competetive play. He should not have to go back on the air to repeat himself but rather hope (and expect?) Zh1nto et al have paid attention if they so dearly hope to make the game a competetive one.

"I come in peace, I didn't bring CoD4, but I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you play MW2, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal LAN party leaders"

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

If they were disappointed with BC2 competitive play they only have themselves to blame it had non of the competitive features we needed. :)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

valleyhunter wrote:
To be honest, Jock has pointed out several times already what would be needed for a DICE game even be considered for competetive play. He should not have to go back on the air to repeat himself but rather hope (and expect?) Zh1nto et al have paid attention if they so dearly hope to make the game a competetive one.

:agree

I was more hoping that it would be going back to what he had already pointed out several times with what they now know is in the game and then a "well did you add this?" "yes/no" type of thing...but idk if they're ready to divulge that info, or if we're going to have another Bash anytime soon, so it's kind of a moot point for the time being.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:23 am
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Jo3_23 wrote:
If they were disappointed with BC2 competitive play they only have themselves to blame it had non of the competitive features we needed. :)

I agree and disagree with you. Features such as Battle Recorder etc do help with competitive play but are not entirely essential in order to play a match. It maybe that because these features that weren't there in BC2, it caused the majority of people just gave up and say there is no way to have matches. To me that is a defeatist attitude and wrong. There is nothing stopping clans arranging matches in BC2 or having competitive leagues, it's just people give up easily (in my opinion). I do however believe that in order to get maximum notice of your game then you should also look at supporting the competitive scene as well. If you have busy active leagues and ladders you are getting all this free publicity for your game that helps entice new people.

I would say that Squad Rush is actually quite a good competitive game mode to play. Our clan have had a few in-house matches and I was surprised how good the matches were. With the low ticket count, you really have to think about how you are going to attack when its your turn to do so. Unfortunately for us, trying to get consistent numbers for players in our clan died because they are lazy twats lol.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next