It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A few thoughts about G36C on MW3 
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post A few thoughts about G36C on MW3
was struggling in MW3 to find a weapon with the right balance for my play style (semi run and gun), I used AK47-stopping power in COD4, ACR-stopping power or UMP-silencer in MW2

was using the UMP with slight of hand etc on MW3 but came up woefully underpowered on mid to long range shots/power and was looking forward to unlocking the G36C since this seems to be the main weapon of choice in any pro-games ive seen. I only use Ironsights as I cant stand reddot/holographics etc and found the double circle ironsight of the G36c awkward to use with the high recoil.

When used with the silencer and kick proficiency however the gun it a totally different beast. Its recoil is reduced significantly by the silencer and again by the kick perk and as the gun is powerful anyhow the silencer only very slightly reduces bullet damage. So little infact that I have taken to using it with all the other UAV jammer/Stealth/Silent steps type perks for utter ninja dominance and invisibility from NPC spam (the main reason I use them) . Once you get past Rank 42 give it a go , let me know what you think. Obviously wont suit all and certainly not the 1 shot snipers etc but concidering the game promotes red dot map runners its pretty cool to watch em run right past ready for a shot in the back of the head :)

So far its came out on top in firefights against pretty much all so far, even lmgs close to med range, and suprisinly well against even skorpians and akimbo umps at close range .

http://twitter.com/Spawnstar

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Post Re: A few thoughts about G36C on MW3
yep, its a nice gun.
2nd best after the acr ;) but i dont like the ironsights and you cant use kick in any srs ladders, so nope.

but imo the fad would be the best with kick and maybe reddot. abnd have you tried the type95? ;)

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

There shouldn't be a "best" gun.

If there is a gun that is used predominantly over others, then the development team has failed at balance.

Balance is just that...a balance between weapons. Each gun can have its own strengths and weaknesses, but two equally skilled players using two different weapons (of the same type), should end up in a tie.

That is balance.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm
Captain
Captain

try the fad with kick ;) its definitely the best AR and outclasses all other AR's.

so yeah, there is no balance, but the developers of this game dont care about balance and arguably its available to everyone.

true "balance" comes from limits through additional rules and restrictions by leagues.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

If you got good aim, go for the Type95. It's a great weapon especially if you combine it with the rapidfire addon and kick proficiency. It's a high damage weapon so two bullets out of the three round burst is usualy enough to kill a target up close, mid range a full burst and at longer distances two bursts. After maxing out the SCAR-L to lvl 31 the Type95 is my second favourite assault rifle in MW3, and I didn't even like burst mode rifle's in any previous CoD games up to that point. Very rewarding gun to use, imho. I also tried the ACR but didn't notice any benefit compared to the SCAR-L.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

I agree about there shouldnt really be a better gun over all in each class, however, I kind of see how having to use a silencer to stablise a weapon therefore reducing range and damage could be seen as some kind of balance. So far it doesnt seem as over the top unbalanced as Blackops Famas or MW2 ACR was !

Im not sure once you add in 3 perks out of 15 (also pro perks) and then a weapon proficiency perk (each with 6 or 7 options) then the attatchments etc that you could 100% balance a game like this, lets face it , even COD1 and UO with 5 guns per side was unbalanced and heavliy favoured Axis weapons !!!

MW3's also a totally different game yet again once you play on low ping dedicated servers ! Just a pity they cant seem to patch 1st time round lol

http://twitter.com/Spawnstar

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]