It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 first impressions from a cod player 
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Re: first impressions from a cod player
Can anyone hear enemy footsteps? I mean tweak all you want by all means but what if you simply just can't hear them?

I've also noticed that whilst I appear to be killed by a single shot or 2 rounds, the guy shooting me claims he nearly emptied a mag at me before I died...if only I had heard him shooting before those final rounds hit... :?

"I come in peace, I didn't bring CoD4, but I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you play MW2, I'll kill you all.
Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal LAN party leaders"

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

I don't recall hearing footsteps come to think of it. I can hear some sort of stirring behind me usually though which causes me to turn around.

On a different note, just realized this game has an IR scope. Now that truly sucks. So much for moving tactically toward a camping enemy. He just has to scan the bushes and there I am. What kind of crap is that in this game? Man I hate stupid COD style junk in games I play.

I used to play BF3 like you. Until I took an arrow in the knee.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:05 pm
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Them scopes r stupidly overpowered :P

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

valleyhunter wrote:
Can anyone hear enemy footsteps? I mean tweak all you want by all means but what if you simply just can't hear them?

I've also noticed that whilst I appear to be killed by a single shot or 2 rounds, the guy shooting me claims he nearly emptied a mag at me before I died...if only I had heard him shooting before those final rounds hit... :?

in 4v4 squad rush there is positional audio, and you can here footsteps (barely but they are there). I was playing a 4v4 squad rush in Metro and you could hear them when there wasn't a billion explosions going on a tanks rumbling.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 pm
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Been tweaking Xonar - can't hear them in TDM, Rush or Conquest.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

hate spinning round like a mad man trying to workout whos shooting at me at 20 yards , when you come across an enemy squad from the side , its too easy to take them all out because they cant hear where youre shooting from , with tanks and helis youve time to look at the mini map, not with infantry.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 am
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer

Freakinout UK wrote:
hate spinning round like a mad man trying to workout whos shooting at me at 20 yards , when you come across an enemy squad from the side , its too easy to take them all out because they cant hear where youre shooting from , with tanks and helis youve time to look at the mini map, not with infantry.

Yeah, there is somthing very f***** up with the audio in this game. I rarely (if ever) hear footsteps. I had a tank roll right up behind me yesterday(within 6-8ft) and I didn't hear it. There was no shooting happening near me.

I have also on very many occasions knifed 2-3 guys right next to each other cause they can't hear me killing the guy right next to them. I kill one then run to the next. They have no idea unless they are in voicechat together.

The sound in this game blows balls however, it's still a much better game than Modern Women.

My friends all bought that crap and half have already given up on it lol. They are starting to trickle back to BF3.

Additional info: Using Hi-Fi in game on Logitech G35s

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:47 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

for some reason my sound in BF3 has bone from bad to worse, your know yhow sometimes the sound cuts out and you can't hear anything close for a bit? well, my game is doing that 100% of the time now, urggghhh. I seriously have to crank my volume upto 75%, which is DEAFENINGLY loud in windows but super dull in game.

ohhh and the users of head-fi.org are claiming "home theatre" gives the best directional cues.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 pm
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

born2expire wrote:
for some reason my sound in BF3 has bone from bad to worse, your know yhow sometimes the sound cuts out and you can't hear anything close for a bit? well, my game is doing that 100% of the time now, urggghhh. I seriously have to crank my volume upto 75%, which is DEAFENINGLY loud in windows but super dull in game.

ohhh and the users of head-fi.org are claiming "home theatre" gives the best directional cues.

Try this:

Quote:
Go to C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Documents\Battlef­ield 3\settings
Open PROF_SAVE_profile
Edit 'GstAudio.AudioQuality' from 0 to 1 (or higher)

Some of the guys I have been playing with have the same issue. They say the above should fix it.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:31 am
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Neil wrote:
Quote:
Go to C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Documents\Battlef­ield 3\settings
Open PROF_SAVE_profile
Edit 'GstAudio.AudioQuality' from 0 to 1 (or higher)

Some of the guys I have been playing with have the same issue. They say the above should fix it.

I've had that on "1" the entire time.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next