It is currently Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 am
All times are UTC - 5 hours
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
[Release] OpenWarfare 1.6.0 WaW
[Release] OpenWarfare 1.6.0 WaW
An open source modification for the Call of Duty series...
It really feels like it has been a long time since our last release back on April 24 but we've been very busy these last two months implementing great features requested by our great community. We were not able to add everything we originally wanted, but we came very very close nonetheless. Advanced Administration Control Panel
We are all very excited about this new release and we hope everyone enjoys it as we have enjoyed adding all the new features. I don't want to go into detail about each new feature we added to 1.6 but some of the most exciting features are the day/night cycle system where maps can go through different times of the day during the game, the new custom class editor for ranked servers allowing players to edit their custom classes and be able to use them on the next spawn, the advanced administration control panel keeps growing and we have added more options making RCON tools really something from the past, a new advanced map voting system has been created to let players vote at the end of the game for the next gametype and map, we have re-written the health system to allow a higher degree of customization, we have also re-written FreezeTag from scratch to make it 100% compatible with all the features in OpenWarfare, and last but not least we have added two new gametypes, Assassination and Gun Game.
Like always, we would like to send a big big THANK YOU to our wonderful community. We would not be here if it wasn't for them, for their feedback, for their ideas, for their help testing the mod, and most of all for their friendship. THANK YOU!
The Advanced Administration Control Panel or AACP is one of the most secure and easy to use administration tools out there for the server. With its bullet proof security system based on GUID the AACP can be customized by the admin to grant certain options for certain players or grant no access at all. And because the security system is based on GUIDs there's no need to distribute the RCON password to anyone.Advanced Map Voting System
The AACP lets server admins control their server with different options for maps or players. Server admin's now have total control of their server without ever having to leave the game to switch to another external RCON tool.
The Advanced Map Voting System or AMVS is a higly customized voting system that lets players vote for the next gametype and map once the current map finishes. We have collected ideas from all the people in our community and we have developed what we think is one of the best voting system for the Call of Duty series. In-Game Custom Class Editor
The AMVS will first ask the player what gametype they would like to play from all the gametypes the server admin has allowed. Once the vote is over the gametype with the most votes will win and in case of a tie the server will randomly select which one is the winner. Once the gametype has been decided, the AMVS will now let the players vote for the next map from a selection of maps that the server admin has selected for the corresponding gametype.
Once both gametype and map have been chosen the server will just load the gametype/map combination.
The OpenWarfare Custom Class Editor is one of a kind. First off, all Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 5 players know, when playing in ranked mode whether with a modification or stock, that custom classes can only be edited from the main menu or at the end of a map. Now, with the OpenWarfare Custom Class Editor menu players can now edit their classes while playing in a game. You've probably seen other mods with this same feature, but we go a step further than those. With our Custom Class Editor players can not only edit their loadouts, but they can also use their new loadouts on the very next spawn instead of waiting for the next map!Day/Night Simulation
The Custom Class Editor menu's for their respective games are very similar. Just click on the buttons to change your selections. If you click the "Custom Class" button then the next class will show with its current loadout. To complete your changes hit the "Submit Changes" button at the bottom and instantly your class changes!
Players can access the menu by joining a team, hitting ESC, and clicking on the "Custom Class Editor" button.
The Day/Night Simulation allows servers to have a simulated day during the length of the map or round. The simulated day can start at any time of a normal day (dawn, day, dusk, or night) and will cycle through the different times in a smooth transition from one to the next. Server admins can customize the day/night settings to their liking.Third Person View Play
SOCOM fans will love this feature where you can play in 3rd person view. With this mode all players will play in 3rd person view but the view will automatically switch to 1st person view when the player aims down the sight. Locking Options in Unranked Mode
This option allows the admin to force certain items for certain classes without the need to disable the items. With this new option an admin can force certain perks on all the classes and prevent the players from changing them by locking them in the menu. This option only works in unranked mode.New Gametypes
Assassination: There are two teams: Attackers and Defenders. Attackers: A player in the attacking team will be switched to VIP once the pre-match period ends. The attacking team needs to protect the VIP from being killed and escort him to the extraction zone marked as a blue square in the game. Attackers can only win the round by extracting the VIP or eliminating all the defenders. Defenders: They need to prevent the VIP from reaching the extraction zone. They can accomplish this by defending the extraction zone or by just killing the VIP. Defending team can only win the round by killing the VIP or by holding the VIP from reaching the extraction zone in the allocated time. This is an elimination gametype so there is no respawning.Dynamically Attach/Detach Weapon Attachments
Freeze Tag: In Freeze Tag two teams fight each other to completely freeze the other team. The difference between Freeze Tag and Team Deathmatch is that in Freeze Tag players will be frozen when killed and their teammates need to unfreeze them to come back into the game. If a team successfully freezes all the players on the other side then the team wins the round. To unfreeze players their teammates will need to get close to them or point to them and press the USE key to give them health again (body temperature). Once the player reaches the maximum health he/she will be unfrozen.
Gun Game: In Gun Game every player fights against each other. There are no friendly players, there are no teams, and most importanly no time to think. Players will go through a group of weapons and the player that completes all the necessary kills with each weapon wins the round.
When enabled players will be able to detach/attach certain attachments from the weapons. You can even move the attachment from one weapon to another one. Imagine you have a primary weapon with a silencer and you run out of ammo and you forgot to equip a pistol with silencer. You can detach the silencer from the primary weapon and attach it to your pistol.The Improved Health System
The Improved Health System not only brings back the bleeding and bandaging from before, but also brings in a new medic-esque feature which allows players to heal or bandage teammates if they have enough bandages. In addition to the ability to a player bandaging himself, he can also heal himself. Of course all of this is customizable by the admin. Health packs can now have a golden glow applied to them through the config.
Here's a complete list of changes from the previous version:
Version 1.6.0 (SVN# 853 - July 4, 2009)
- NEW: Added the option to dynamically attach/detach an existing attachment.
- NEW: Added a new center option for sponsor logos and a new option for sponsor
logos to show only when the player is spectating.
- NEW: Amount of bandages in the inventory will now show when bandaging is
- NEW: Team names and icons can now be customized to personalized teams.
- NEW: Options during class creation can be locked now so players won't be able
to change them.
- NEW: New option "Return to Spawn" has been added to the Advanced ACP.
- NEW: Daytime simulation has been added to control the time of day in the map.
- NEW: Re-implementation of the stock battle chatter functionality to give more
control to the server admin.
- NEW: Added the ability to control the values for com_maxfps and cl_maxpackets
on the clients.
- NEW: Added Binoculars.
- NEW: New Assassination gametype where players in the attacking team need to
protect and escort the VIP to an extraction zone while the other team
tries to eliminate him.
- NEW: The health system has been re-written from scratch. Players can now heal
themselves as well as heal or bandage teammates. Health packs can now have
a yellow glow enabled when they are dropped via config setting. All settings
- NEW: Ability to define "safe zones" around objectives where explosives can't
- NEW: New "smart" reserved slot system to handle full servers including
automatic redirect for the disconnected players.
- NEW: Ability to play the entire game in 3rd person view. Players will be switched
automatically to 1st person when aiming down the sights.
- NEW: GunGame gametype based on DM.
- NEW: Re-implementation of the FreezeTag gametype.
- NEW: Advanced Map Voting system to be able to vote for the next map once the
game is finished.
- NEW: Ability to enable or disable the glow on the betty when planted via dvar
- NEW: OW Create-A-Class allows the editing of custom classes while in-game on ranked
versions of the mod, and the ability to use the new loadout on next spawn without
a map restart.
- NEW: For Search and Destroy, the ability for the defending team to accidently
destroy the objectives they are defending if the objectives take too much
damage or too many hits. Defenders can also destroy the attackers bomb and
depending on the setting, the game will end or the attackers will have to fight
the rest of the round to win, but won't be able to plant. Also, there is now
a quick defuse option where a player can cycle through colored text representing
wires. Select the wrong color and boom! Otherwise, enjoy the victory!
- NEW: New option "Set as Next Map/Gametype" has been added to the Advanced ACP.
- CHG: Load of rulesets can now be controlled through the Advanced ACP.
- CHG: A message has been added during the Ready-Up period to remind players
about recording the game.
- CHG: Time for server banners to show can now be controlled.
- CHG: XP points on the center of the screen can now be enabled also in Hardcore
- CHG: Gametypes Domination and Headquarters support rounds now.
- CHG: OpenWarfare standard public and match rulesets have been added to the
- BUG: Adjusted limits for WRM that were confusing to the server admins.
- BUG: Fixed a bug where players could cause bleeding on their team mates even
when friendly fire was off.
- BUG: Players capturing objectives will not be considered camping anymore.
- BUG: Battle chatter sounds will not be heard by enemies anymore.
- BUG: Fixed an issue with team status icons when one team was completed
- BUG: Fixed a problem with stock game where the scores were not shown correctly
to spectators hitting the scoreboard key.
- BUG: Fixed an issue for pistols only setups so players will spawn with the correct
model and their secondary weapon active.
The OpenWarfare Team* Exte (Spanish translations)
* Jinxter (Developer and German translations)
* 0ddball (French translations)
* Peluski (Developer)
* Spacepig (Developer)
* t3chn0r (Project Leader and Developer)
|Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:55 am
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
All times are UTC - 5 hours
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
||You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum