I thought I'd introduce you to my latest pride and joy:
Support Site: http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/demonmod.html
The mod is now out of beta. I have kept the verison numbers sequentially to those of the beta so as not to cause confusion. What does this mean? Well, basically, it means all the features have now been completely bug tested and can be assumed to run concordinately with your server, without any hitches.
Please see change log further down this post for more details of additions/fixes.
This is a mod I made based on AWE4 for COD4, and ported over to COD:WaW, with many extensive changes. It was created for my clan "Demon", who have been playing
COD for many many years. We wanted a mod that went back to the golden days of COD gmaeplay, but with the benefit of the new graphics. So, we made a mod with
weapon loadouts according to team/nationality, and which had the option to remove perks and ranks is we so wished. This would make the emphasis of the game
be about the player's skill with his weapon, rather than about little insignificant bonuses like rank or unlock.
However, being aware that not every COD game group shares our clan's dislike of perks and ranks, the Demon Mod has the option to have perks and ranking
Demon Mod has 3 mod "modes":
1. "Classic" COD Mode
This is the mode with weapon loadouts by nationality. It has a fully configurable weapons limiter, so that certain weapons can be allowed, yet limited.
In this mode, you have the option to have no perks, or you can force perks on all players (see classic.cfg for dvars). Also, you can decide whether to have
ranks or not (see demon.cfg for dvars).
2. "Rifle Only" Mode
This mode has only the bolt-action rifles, scoped and unscoped. It also has a fully configurable weapons limiter.
In this mode, you have the option to have no perks, or you can force perks on all players (see riflesonly.cfg for dvars). Also, you can decide whether to
have ranks or not (see demon.cfg for dvars).
3. "Customslots" Mode
This is what was called "PowerRank" in AWE4, but I changed the name for this mod. It unlocks all weapons and attachments in under 20 seconds, to allow for
building a player's customslots. But it also has the power for a server admin to disallow certain items (weapons, perks, attachments, etc), and for these
items to remain "locked".
Each mode has its own .CFG file, so please see those seperate config files for the dvars which control each mode.
The modes and execution of each config file are handled at the ver top of demon.cfg, Only one mode dvar should be set to 1 at any time. Also, just below the
mode dvar is where the config file for that mode is executed - just remove (if it isnt already) the double comment lines (double forward slash //) from in front
of the execution command.
set scr_demon_classicloadout 0
set scr_demon_classicloadout 1
Most "stock" dvars can now be set differently for a specific map or gametype. This is because I made code changes to _tweakables.gsc, and made it compatable with what is commonly refered to in the modding world as the "dvardef" method of defining dvars. This has been a standard feature of AWE since its inception back in good ol' COD1 days, and all the big mods use it. I have included a copy of _tweakables.gsc in the .zip file, so you can check if a stock dvar is defined
in this way.
All demon dvars can be set differently for specific gametypes, maps or both together.
1. New hardpoint - Airstrikes!
This does not replace any hardpoint, it is a fourth one, and comes after the dogs. (please see hardpoints.cfg for dvars)
Here are some screenshots, from start to finish:
Being Granted the Airstrike:
Planes Attacking Targets:
2. Realism settings
- damage view shift (like getting slapped hard in the face when shot!), drop weapon on hand hit, drop to crouch on foot hit, etc, etc (percentage-based dvars. please see demon.cfg for all relevant dvars), and body fly on all explosions. So, now rather than the same animation for all deaths, the enemy literally blows up into the air!
Here it is in action:
3. Glass bullet hit screen when shot
. Bullet holes appear on screen when shot:
Here is a full list of features:
* Welcome Screen (see demon.cfg for server rules dvars)
* 3 mod modes - see above for details
* Turn Ranking on or off
* Force Perks on all players (all modes)
* Drop Weapons, Grenades & Off-hand Weapons for all modes (fully configurable)
* Regeneration Handling (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* Spawn Protection (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* Bloody Screen (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* First Aid (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* Drop Glowing Health Packs (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* Health Bar (see healthcentre.cfg for details)
* Hardpoint Limiter (see hardpoints.cfg for details)
* Message Centre (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Map Rotation Handling (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* End of Map Vote System (see mapvote.cfg for dvars)
* Ready-Up Period (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Force AutoAssign (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Laser Dot (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Crosshairs & Red Crosshairs Handling (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Red Enemy Compass Pings (Red hit blips) - this is controlled by dvar (see demon.cfg for details)
* Low Ammo Hint (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Waypoint Handling - can be turned off for map or compass, or both (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Hardcore Persistent Minimap (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* SP-to-MP Grenades/Grenades by Nationality
* Turret Control - removes all static turrets from maps (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Black Screen on death (prevents player seeing position of enemy) (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Disarm explosives like Bouncing Betties or Satchel charges (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Ambient Mortars (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* 22 second fuse Smoke Grenades (these really do give you cover, unlike the stock 11 second ones)
* Smaller headicons - the stock ones are massive. These are nice and discreet (includes reduced size spawnpro headicon)
* Anticamper handling, with 7 means of punishment (see demon.cfg for dvars)
* Ambient planes (see demon.cfg for dvars)
1. Upload the whole of mp_demon folder inside the .ZIP file to your server's mod directory.
2. Take the config files out of the 'configs' folder and put them next to the IWD and .FF files, or keep the configs inside the 'config'
folder and alter the execution commands at the foot of server.cfg file.
3. Upload the .FF and IWD file to your redirect space for client download, and edit the redirect dvars in server.cfg.
4. Edit all the config files how you want them.
5. Make sure that server.cfg is executed from your server start-up command line
Change Log 2.5
1. Fixed a bug in the spawnpro timer, which was out by several server frames.
2. Fixed a bug for server message not loading when graceperiod had been set.
3. Fixed a bug whereby the server logo text duplicated itself.
4. Fixed ambient plane sounds, as the reverb caused distortion on many players machines
5. Fixed the ambient plane fly-zone. As it was previously map-based, it often meant the planes couldnt be seen, as CODWaW maps often have large expanses of unplayable areas. Take mp_shrine for example - the planes were out at sea as the centre of the map is out there. Now, the planes follow a
playable area fly-zone.
6. Added Airstrike Hardpoint
7. Added bullet impact screen
8. Added body fly on explosives impact
9. Added damage view shift, whereby the player view angles get distorted when shot. Its like getting slapped hard in the face!
10. Added realism dvars: drop weapon on hand hit, drop weapon on arm hit, forced to crouch on foot hits. Percentage based dvars
Change Log 2.0
1. Classic mode: The different grenades for each team has now been properly implimented into the mod, so now you get the proper grenade
icons on screen when choosing weapons.
2. Classic mode: shotguns can now be limited differently for each team (i.e. different shotguns for germans, marines, russian and japanese)
3. Ambient planes have been added.
4. Anticamper has been added.
5. Fixed a bug in the pitch-to-velocity of the ambient mortars. Now, they arch down from above instead of falling in a straight line.
Change Log 1.5
1. Force perks were not working properly, now they are for all mod modes
2. Fixed a bug in weapon limiter
3. Added disarm explosives (please see demon.cfg for dvars)
4. Added Ambient Mortars (please see demon.cfg for dvars)
5. Added Black Screen on death (please see demon.cfg for dvars)
Marc aka Wilcard - for the basic body-fly code from ACE mod (but I beefed it up as the player didnt fly high enough in my opinion)
DemonSpongeBob - my clan mate for his help making these damn mods!
DemonEvilElf - for his help testing the mods well into the wee small hours of the night
Tally - for unstinting friendship and help over the last 3 years, and particular help understanding the new COD4 engine
AWE Team (blank) - for AWE4 and permission to use the AWE4 source code. All rights to AWE source code is reserved by blank. Their website
ModWarfare Team - for ReadyUp Period code, health pack models, and other minor utility code snippets and ideas. All rights to their source code is
covered by Modder Ethical Public License version 1.0. There website is http://openwarfaremod.com/owforum/portal.php
Please download from here:DOWNLOAD