Updated BFBC PC Beta News and PS3 Beta Review
Here is some updated news on BFBC2 from the DICE blog
I talked to Gordon VanDyke via email and he confirms the PC beta will be limited and available in Jan 2010. As of now the game is not delayed and still anticipated to make the March 2 release date.
I also put my review of the PS3 beta and what potential it has for COD players and competitive gamers.Bad Company 2 Beta Review
-a2k-TriggerPappyA2k ClanFPS Scrim AllianceTwitterBattlefield Blog
We wanted to update you, and slow the flood of tweets, on questions surrounding the BFBC2 PC Beta being cancelled. I'll get right to it and say "the BFBC2 PC Beta is not cancelled". Now this all started due to changes made to an earlier blog that removed the PC Beta from the details and the reason for this was the plan changed. With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate. Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations.
Here is a recap of the current PC features, and we can now confirm DX11 support with more details to come later!
PC Enhanced Features
* Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
* Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
* Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVIDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
* Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
* Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
* Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.
* PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.